Overseas Nanny – finding the best childcare for your child
Something we take very seriously is the placement of a live-in nanny overseas. Whilst every nanny’s role is vital to the wellbeing of the children in her care, placing an overseas nanny is even more crucial because the family is often relying on her to create stability and calm for her charge in a location and culture that can be very different to ‘home’. It’s for this reason that we only place a highly experienced nanny, or one with specific skills, in such situations. We also have a stringent interview process for any overseas posting, as you’d expect of such a high profile nanny agency.
Choosing a nanny to work overseas
One thing we’ve discovered is that hiring a nanny overseas can often backfire on parents living overseas. This can be because:
• The choice locally is limited
• Checking references and skills can be challenging
• Parents are busy and don’t have time to weigh their options.
As a result, from our London Nanny Agency base, we undertake all the checking, interviewing and assessment that gives our families confidence that they are hiring an exceptional nanny – the right person for the job. We also help our clients conduct interviews, in person or via social media, to ensure they really get a sense of the personality and abilities of the long term nanny they are hiring. We’ve found this provides a much better solution that ‘waiting until you get there and hiring a local’.
English Nanny overseas – the cream of the crop
As an international nanny agency we know that an English nanny is often viewed as the cream of the crop, and for good reason. British nannies have an enviable reputation. From Bermuda to Saudi Arabia, from Cyprus to Russia, an English full time nanny is the preferred choice for those living and working abroad.
At Top Notch nannies London-based but international in scope, we dedicate ourselves to finding the best qualified nanny for every overseas family that contacts us.
In addition, we work with corporate clients to provide superb childcare solutions for their employees, so that they can perform at their best, certain that their children, whether at home or in workplace childcare, are receiving the best possible attention and care.
What to expect from your Overseas Nanny
• Your nanny will undertake all standard nursery duties such as bathing, dressing and feeding your child, although actual cooking may or may not be part of her duties, depending on the household.
• She will organise your child’s clothes and belongings, take care of toys, and ensure your child has an active social development by organising play dates, attending social events and arranging outings to suitable local venues.
• Your experienced nanny will use her training and skills to educate your child through play so that learning becomes fun
• A full-time live-in nanny will babysit several nights a week (usually not at weekends expect by special arrangement) to allow busy parents to network socially and professionally.
• She will take your child to agreed classes or coordinate with a day school or private tutor to deliver a seamless transfer from nursery to education at the appropriate time.
Your ideal overseas nanny is just a phone call away
If an overseas nanny sounds right for you, contact Top Notch Nannies today on 0203 143 4030 to find the bespoke solution to all your childcare needs.